Sunday 29 April 2012

Why I have purchased D-Link DSL-2750U ? (review)

                                    This is the original packet of my new D-Link DSL-2759U modem.

I need a Wi-Fi modem for a long time but not able to purchase because sometime I left myself with so small amount in bank a/c, barely enough to pay my internet bill for one month. Because I am a crazy shopper. But not this time because I have make up my mind in the beginning of the month that I have to full fill my long term demand, before spending a single rupee on other items. 

So, I listened to my mind and fulfilled my long term requirement and demand of a Wi-Fi enabled modem, which my friends already have. Recently, I had purchased my all new Apple Macbook Pro 13". Whose picture I had posted earlier. Which also forced me to buy one because I wanted to experience the web on my Apple Macbook pro using Wi-Fi. 

I surfed through the online stores and even visited physical one to make a right choice for me. I had seen and gone through the features of various modems from different brands like Apple, Belkin, D-link, Netgear, Cisco etc. Before visiting a physical store or even browsing online stores I have simply prepared a list of my requirements, which are given below.
  • The price should have to be with in a range $50 to $60, if it exceeds then this time will be a miss and then have to wait for the next month.
  •  It should be an ADSL supported because my ISP requires.
  • It should have the capability to create a wireless network to a greater extent. So that I and my friends can share.
  • It should have all the latest security features like WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPS and a firewall.
  • Extended warranty.
  • At least four LAN port, so that I can use internet on my old PC by simply connecting the LAN using ethernet cable.
  • A value for money product.

                   The unpacked picture of the modem with build-in dual 2x2 MIMO antennae.

After going through the hours of extensive research both the online and offline stores and browsing hundreds of products and going through the review, I able to take my final decision. I choose D-Link DSL-2750U to fulfill my Wi-Fi needs. Simply it has everything that were listed on my wish list. 


  • Price is top of my wish list, whatever and whenever I buy. The price of D-link DSL-2750U is Rs.2560 or roughly $50. So, it passed the first option of my wish list.
  • Is it ADSL? Yes, it is an ADSL type.
  • It offers a greater wireless range thanks, to its build-in dual 2x2 MIMO antennae.
  • It has all the modern security features like WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPS and also have firewall.
  • It comes with a three years warranty. 
  • It has four LAN port, so this makes the internet connection easy with my old computer.
  • All these comes at a price tag of just Rs.2560 or $50 is a value for money buy. 
The setup is a problem because the driver CD comes with this modem simply not able to detect the modem even when it is connected to the LAN port of the computer using the ethernet cable provided. But it worked after I connected it to the LAN port of your computer using the ethernet cable provided and then typing the IP http://192.168.1.1 on the address bar of my browser and putting the username and password as 'admin'. The UI is at all not good, its pathetic. But overall it is ok and value for money package.


14 comments:

  1. Does it spupport repeater function, I have a netgear and I want to extend my range by associating netgear to dink as a wifi extender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I purchased DSL 2750U yesterday and it is fantastic. I have a old P-IV ~2.0 GHz IBM machine with WIN - XP. I could connect through Ethernet cable smoothly using the CD. Later i could access Wi Fi on my Laptop effortlessly and the speed and range was very good. It is definitely a value for money product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ih has only one year warranty not three years right??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no its three years :)

      http://www.flipkart.com/d-link-dsl-2750u-wireless-n-adsl2-4-port-wi-fi-router/p/itmd4ky52tgtbawn?pid=RTRD4KY4UNGYCZFG&icmpid=reco_lp_personalhistoryFooter_router_4_nr

      Delete
  4. while turning on the power of this modem, it glows green initially and turns to red within a seconds. What does it mean? is it hardware problem? but i can get the console by \\192.168.1.1. It doing like this from the past one week ans reset to factory setting, but still remains the same. Please advise...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please chuck your dlink reset button pressed?? or simply reset your modem. generally red light comes while resetting the modem

      Delete
  5. Only looking at USB feature we should buy this...this USB 3g feature also sucks because there is no manual, help for user how to config 3g usb to router :( Other features like wifi range sucks. very poor wifi range (don't get fooled by 2 antenna) :) please don't go for this if you need a good wifi range

    ReplyDelete
  6. i bought it a few days back after reading lot of positive reviews but i am disappointed with its wifi range, i installed the modem in one room and get zero signal across 2 walls, pathetic..!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any one have wifi configuration.. I dont connect in 3rd floor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same product brought by my brother gave him amazing wifi range , but I am not even getting 10 ft wifi range . I think Dlink is selling old model with new cases here in India . Hence some perform good and some do not .

    ReplyDelete
  9. very good product. Wi-Fi range is superb, the Ethernet and Wireless connection both give good speed and consistency. Earlier I had Beetet 450TC1 ADSL + Router and the connected was close to pathetic, very inconsistent and frequent reduction in speed. D-Link 2750U N300 is an amazing product and had good value for money. I recommend this to anyone looking spend less money and get good internet connection in return.

    ReplyDelete
  10. is the USB port can connect to printer as share printer and can be connect the external hard disk as share drive?? please advice before i buy!! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,
    I have one question about this d-link dsl-2750u review

    d-link website says that Ecommerce and online websites are not authorized D-Link resellers in India. so this product supports warranty?
    Sahil saifi
    ocean of review

    ReplyDelete